NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice (Distance Learning)
A new work-based qualification for people who work in health and safety
What is the NVQ Level 6 Health and Safety?
The NVQ Level 6 Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety Practice is a new degree level work-based qualification. The qualification is evaluated by each candidates’ evidence, based on real-world, on-the-job training. You can even use your historic records as evidence to contribute towards your NVQ qualification. This qualification is recognised by The Institution of Occupational Health (IOSH) as a route to membership.
Why take the NVQ Level 6 Health and Safety?
This qualification assures the knowledge of those who influence health and safety standards within their organisations.
Professional Memberships Levels: Benefits of Achieving the NVQ Level 6 Diploma
- Boost your career prospects; NVQ’s are valued by employers
- Accepted by IOSH for Graduate Membership (GradIOSH)
- Entitled to Membership of the IIRSM (MIIRSM)
- Formal Health & Safety qualification with no exams
- Recognised at the same level as the NEBOSH Diploma
Who is the NVQ Level 6 Health and Safety for?
The NVQ Level 6 Health and Safety is designed for those who provide health and safety assistance in organisations with significant hazards and complex risks, specifically at practising health and safety advisors with responsibility for influencing policy, or those aspiring to become safety consultants (at least 50%) of their role and responsibility. Supervisors and Line managers and HSE supervisors and managers
How long is the NVQ Level 6 Health and Safety?
The NVQ Level 6 Health and Safety must be completed within 24 months, but typically takes about 6 – 8 months to complete. Approximately 1,064 learning hours should be dedicated to completion of the qualification.
What is involved when completing the NVQ Level 6 Health and Safety?
Delegates will have a personal mentor throughout the qualification whilst gathering evidence and developing your NVQ portfolio. Typically around 140 pieces of evidence and the completion of 12 story boards is required for completion. All work will be done at your place of work and your mentor will guide you remotely, and you can visit your assessor if you wish.
What does the NVQ Level 6 Health and Safety cover?
10 mandatory units
How is the NVQ Level 6 Health and Safety assessed?
This qualification is competence based and candidates must demonstrate the level of competence described in the units. Assessment is the process of measuring a candidate’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in the qualification and NVQs are internally and externally assessed by Awarding Organisation
No Examination is required for this qualification but the qualification must be internally assessed by an appropriately experienced and qualified assessor. Each candidate is required to produce a portfolio of evidence which demonstrates their achievement of all of the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for each unit.
Course fee: $US 1,750. Excluding local VAT if required.
Course instructor: Our Qualified Assessor
- Lectures 10
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 96 weeks
- Skill level Managers Level
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes
The NVQ Level 6 in occupational health and safety covers
- Unit 1 (D/616/9536): Promote a positive health & safety culture
- Unit 2 (F/616/9531): Develop and implement the health & safety
- Unit 3 (J/616/9532): Develop and implement effective communication systems for health & safety information
- Unit 4 (R/616/9534): Develop and maintain individual & organizational competence in health & safety matters.
- Unit 5 (Y/616/9535): Identify, assess and control health & safety risks.
- Unit 6 (H/616/9537): Develop and implement proactive monitoring systems for health & safety
- Unit 7 (K/616/9538): Develop and implement reactive monitoring systems for health & safety
- Unit 8 (M/616/9539): Develop and implement health & safety emergency response systems & procedures
- Unit 9 (H/616/9540): Develop and implement health & safety review systems.
- Unit 10 (K/616/9541): Maintain knowledge of improvements to influence health & safety practice